I'm a fan of simple, easy, delicious meals that are so satisfying and healthy that you don't even need to think about it! That's what this recipe is to me. Sometimes I make everything from scratch, but a lot of the times, grabbing ready to go ingredients and throwing everything together for an easy meal is the difference between staying on track and going through the drive-thru with ravenous hunger.
I've linked the specific products (teriyaki sauce) I use in this recipe here, but use what's available to you! Also, nothing in this post is sponsored :)
Low Carb Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Recipe by Kelli Foerster
1. Broccoli florets
2. Cabbage/Coleslaw mix
3. Chicken thighs
4. Green onion
5. Primal Kitchens No Soy Teriyaki Sauce -
1. Lightly steam the broccoli in a steaming basket, like THIS. Steam until broccoli turns a vibrant green and begins to soften; around 4 minutes. (Don't over steam!)
2. Chop green onion and keep separate the green ends and the white ends.
3. In a pan on medium to low heat, toss in the white ends of the green onion and then add the cabbage/coleslaw mix with a little bit of olive or avocado oil until softened. Only a few minutes. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Chop chicken thighs into strips and toss in medium heat pan with olive oil or avocado oil until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In the same pan, add in teriyaki sauce (desired amount), cooked cabbage/coleslaw mix, stir, and let simmer for a few minutes. Add in broccoli and the green end of the green onion, mix well and serve!
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass, airtight container for up to 5 days.
Instagram link for video preparation HERE